Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Red Lentil Daal

On Sunday's I typically do my grocery shopping for the week and prep some meals so that I don't have to get up early to make my lunches. But there are a few of those Sunday's that are better spent in bed, watching movies and eating pizza.

I love and treasure days when I can just lay around, not put on make up and chill in my apartment watching all the shows and movies I love BUT I always feel a little guilty for not being productive at all. SO to alleviate that guilt I whip something up in my crockpot with only ingredients I have on hand. It's easy and also stocks my freezer up. Check out this delish, warming soup for these cold days:

Red Lentil Daal
Ingredients
4 cups red split lentils
10 cups water
4 cups veggie stock
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cayenne powder
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 lemon, juiced

Directions:
Place all ingredients into your slowcooker and cook on high for 6 hours. 

SOOoooo, normally this would be the spot where I put in a picture but apparently there is a max capacity for storage on blogspot. Ugh. No picture today unless you check out here. AND some good news is that my new site will be up and running in the next couple weeks! So follow me on FB and twitter to get all the pics! Otherwise it'll just be recipes.

That's it! This was some serious case of the yummies kind of soup. And lentils are very easy to digest, full of protein and economical. Add a nice side salad and you have yourself a complete meal. 

Eat better. Feel better.

xoxo

K

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for you excellent blog. So useful and practical for me. Thanks so much for sharing
    So useful and practical for me. Thanks for you excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are giving the best fast food services.. And Your post is so amazing and informative.
    Best Burgers in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful and Great information. Thanks for sharing a fantastic information for us.
    reiki training in india

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for the such a great Informative post. We feel lucky to see this.
    mindfulness meditation in india

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!!! An Amazing post.May God bless you...You are doing the best.
    reiki treatment course in india

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice information... Thanks for the best information.We are giving the best reiki treatment services,
    reiki treatment course in india

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post contain lot of information. you can visit our page.
    haier Fridge Repair in Noida

    ReplyDelete