Friday, November 9, 2012

Curried Rice Noodles with Tofu

This dish was super easy to prepare. I wanted to do a one pot kinda meal and def winged this one. I've never really made dishes with noodles all in one pot before so I took a risk. It worked out! Phew! As I'm sure you can tell, especially with the last few recipes I've been posting, I have a big obsession with coconut milk. Especially with the colder weather happening right now, I just am feeling like eating comfort food. Creamy foods just spell comfort to me. Being vegan and lactose intolerant, cream is not something I can eat so I improvise with coconut milk. It's also WAY more delish if you ask me. 


Curried Rice Noodles with Tofu
Ingredients
1 pkg fried tofu (350g)
1 head broccoli, chopped
3 bok choy, chopped
2 handfuls snow peas, cut in half
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pkg rice noodles
3 tbsp yellow curry paste
1 cup veggie stock
5 cups water
1 can low fat coconut milk
2 tbsp agave nectar
sriracha to taste

Directions:
1. Pan fry the garlic in a tbsp of grapeseed oil on medium heat for 2 minutes. 
2. Add the tofu and fry for 5 minutes. Add veggie stock, water and rice noodles. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, turn down to medium heat, add all remaining ingredients except for the coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes covered.
4. Add coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes. Taste and add more agave if needed (or sriracha!)
5. Enjoy!
Curried Rice Noodles with Tofu

I prefer to use the fried tofu in this case as it has a bit different texture than your usual firm tofu. But if firm tofu is all you can find it will work just great! I would just pan fry it separately and add it in the final steps. that way it won't break apart.

If you aren't vegan or are cooking for a meat eater, I think prawns or chicken would be a good replacement for the tofu. Just use a similar amount. I think we should all eat what makes us happy. Just keep it as vegerrific as possible. It will keep you healthy, energetic and regular! :)

Happy long weekend peeps! I'm off to Seattle this weekend.

Peace

xoxo

K


No comments:

Post a Comment