Thursday, September 20, 2012

Restaurant Review: Yolks Breakfast

When I heard the buzz that a breakfast food truck was going to be opening in Vancouver I was seriously excited. I looked at some pics and saw the beautifully shot pictures of some items from their menu and was seriously impressed. Even though it was all meat and eggs, it looked spectacular.  

I found out about the opening of Yolks Breakfast 3 days late, but immediately sent all my coworkers an email demanding that they go try it and tell me all about it.....then I found their website and menu. They have a veggie option!!! Of course that means I def have to try it.

My friend Laura and I jetted over to their spot at Beatty and Dunsmuir for breaky one weekday.  

Located at Beatty and Dunsmuir, Stadium Skytrain Station

Croque Madame Muffin

Croque Madame Muffin
My friend Laura got the croque madame muffin which has a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Visually it is stunning. It's a compostable container but the plating is amazing. I've been told they are quite delicious. A few friends have had them and enjoyed themselves. A couple say they weren't blown away....can't please em all. ;)

Tempura-panko Avocado Tacos w/ Hash Brown Skewer

Tempura-panko avocado tacos


Nom nom nom
I really enjoyed these tacos. Its a cool idea for a food truck and we don't have any others in Vancouver so good on them! But I wouldn't say its perfection. I thought the tacos were good but basically its just deep fried avocado. Lots of fat but not a lot of substance. It need something else in it.

I was happy that I decided to get the hash browns. Anything with truffle oil must be ordered. I LOVE truffle oil; was super happy to see that on the menu. :) The hash browns were perfectly cooked, and obviously a good quality potato, but they were nothing special. I thought there would be more truffle oil but I didn't taste it. Maybe they forgot it or something. But I was disappointed.

I do want to clarify that I did enjoy it. I thought they were pretty good and I was satisfied but it could be better. I will def go back and try them again or take peeps there to spread the love. It's a cool concept!

Yolk's Breakfast on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment