Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Restaurant Review: Bandida's Taqueria

I had the pleasure of going back to Bandida's a couple weeks ago with my Aunt and Uncle for breakfast. Its out favorite spot. Mine because you can pretty much veganize every breakfast option by subbing the eggs with a tofu scramble/squash mixture and the cheese with daiya. Its pretty awesome to have choices and not just have to choose from either dry toast and fruit or an underwhelming tofu scramble. The butternut squash adds some really nice texture and flavour to their dishes.

I was having a little bit of a rough go that morning, I almost cancelled as I had gone out the night before and had to many glasses of white wine. Ugh. In fact, I'm off wine right now. Its actually been about 11 days since I've had some. We'll get back together I'm sure, but for now we're on a trial separation. Lol

Anyways, I thought I wanted the chili with the tofu scramble/squash mixture but I opted for one of the veggie burritos. My Aunt Elaine always gets the chili so I knew I could have a few bites of hers. 

Veggie chili w/ tofu scramble/butternut squash
You can get this with eggs as well and it comes with avocado. You can also add corn bread. Yum. The chili is actually pretty yummy. And I'm a tough sell on other peoples chili as mine is pretty much the best. :)

Breakfast burrito, vegan, with veggie sausage
This burrito was monsterous!!! And actually pretty freaking tasty. It had tofu scramble/butternut squash, pinto beans and fresh salsa. I think there was vegan sour cream too.
BOOM!

I was so freaking full after. But it pretty much cured my hangover. Thankfully. 

Anyhoo, I'm in Portland right now. Blogging in bed after a long day of traveling and eating. I pretty much ate my face off and I wanna puke right now. But that's why I came here. To get fat. Lol. Actually we went for a work out after dinner and Voodoo donuts. Although I only lasted 30 minutes cause I was about to puke. It was a close call. HA

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment