Friday, July 20, 2012

Edamame Tacones

A few weeks ago I went over to Victoria and tried Red Fish Blue Fish's Edamame Tacones. OMG so yummy!!! They are quite a far trek, a ferry ride away so I had to try to recreate them at home to get my fix. The filling is mushy edamame which is a spin on mushy peas. Mushy peas are en English dish of just mashed peas, usually with olive oil and salt and pepper. The ones at RFBF quite possibly had mayo (oops) but after looking around online, I don't see any indication of it. 

Edamame Tacones
Ingredients
Mushy edamame
Shredded purple cabbage
Sui choy
Green onions
Sriracha
Corn tortillas or Nori Sheets

Directions:
Put 1-2 tsps of mushy edamame and the rest of the fillings and sauces into a corn tortilla or nori sheet, wrap and enjoy!

Mushy Edamame
Ingredients
2 cups cooked edamame
1 tsp grape seed oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup water

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed thoroughly. Edamame doesn't have to be completely mashed but its better when its not too chunky.  

PS obvs I used vegan mayo in this instance. :)



I wrapped the nori ones like cones, but the corn tortillas I got were too small. Or maybe I just put too much filling. LOL that's probs it, I'm greedy like that. I think some fresh basil or cilantro would be good and some pea shoots. Well there's a lot you could do with these little suckers. YUMMY!! That's all I gotta say. The creamy coconut dressing I make goes like amazing with it. Who knew that dressing was going to be so versatile. I can't wait to make it again!

ENJOY!!!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment