Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Creamy Coconut Dressing

Every Sunday I go grocery shopping for the week and of course I pick up a boat load of veggies. Unfortunately I picked up waaaaayyy too much, forgetting about all the weekend getaways I've been doing. But thankfully, a lot of what I eat are greeny leafy veggies so they are easily steamed and chowed down. Since I had so many of them, I thought I'd just steamed them all and work on it over a couple days. Of course, you need something tasty to dress them with so I whipped this bad boy up. And dayum! DELISH.

If you stop by here often, you already know that I LOVE coconut milk. If you don't know, now you know....

Creamy Coconut Dressing
Ingredients
1 small can low fat coconut milk (160ml, Organic)
6 tbsp stone ground mustard (Organic)
1 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp tahini (raw, Organic)

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well combined. Season to taste. 

I threw together a bunch of asparagus, 1/2 bunch chopped kale (stems included), and 4 cups loosely packed spinach in my wok with a little water and steamed until bright green. Doesn't take long, so watch it. :)

I also had a bucket of mushrooms. Can't live without garlic mushrooms these days. I just sauteed about 12-15 sliced mushrooms with a little garlic powder and sea salt. 

Steamed greens with Creamy Coconut Dressing

All together now
For some added protein and fiber, I sprinkled some hemp seeds on top. Super yummy light dinner which you could use as a side next to some tofu steaks, beans whatever floats your boat. I took this for lunch.

I actually ate this dish cold, but this dressing is yummy warmed up too. I had lots leftover and tossed some quinoa, mixed sprouted beans and steamed mustard greens in it. YUM!!!

Simple is as simple does. 

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment