Saturday, April 28, 2012

Red Lentil Dahl with Spinach

I have not been cooking as much as I normally do the past couples weeks. I've been eating way more raw foods like salads and smoothies. Even though I feel my best when I eat a large amount of raw food, there's nothing like a home cooked hot meal. :)

Red Lentil Dahl with Spinach
Ingredients
1 cup red lentils
6 cups chopped spinach
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch piece ginger, minced
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
4 roma tomatoes, diced
3 cups water
1 cup veggie stock
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili flakes
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped

Directions:
Saute onions, garlic and ginger in 1/4 cup water (or 1 tsp of oil if you like) for 3 minutes. Add lentils, water and veggie stock and bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except for the cilantro and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the cilantro and cook for another 10 minutes or until lentils are soft. Serve with brown rice.

Red lentil dahl with spinach

Yummy yummy. You can put less spinach if you like, but I like lots. I also served this with a side salad. Nothing special just some romaine and whatever veggies I had in the fridge and topped it with my lemon-mustard dressing and hemp seeds. That dressing is pretty much my go to dressing. I freaking love it. The way I make it different so I don't get bored is by switching up the mustard's. You can use all kinds! :)

Peace

xoxo

K

1 comment:

  1. MMmm, I love dahl! And I like the bunch of spinach in there :)

    ReplyDelete