Saturday, April 14, 2012

Leg day at the gym

Well, I officially decided that Nike Free Runs 2 are NOT for running!!! What the? WORST! My feet are freaking aching like a mofo right now! Grrr. Asics for life!

Anyways, since my feet hurt, I could not run. Which makes a very sad Krystle indeed. Especially when its sunny. But I made the most of it and decided I'd venture to my gym and work out anyways. I killed my upper body yesterday, which is very apparent today. I could barely roll over this morning. LOL So legs it is!

3 sets goblet squats 35lb weight, 20 reps
3 sets ballerina squats 35lb weight, 20 reps
3 sets lunges 25lb weight, 10 reps (see note below)
3 sets step ups 17.5lb weight in each hand, 20
3 sets donkey kicks 15lb weight, 20 reps
3 sets side oblique, standing 30lb weight, 20 reps
3 sets side oblique crunch, using bench, 15 reps each side
3 sets ball exercise for the bum, 20 reps (see note below)
3 sets burpees, 10 reps

NOTE: For the lunges, I held the weight just above my shoulder and lunged back with the same leg and then forwards. Did that 10 times before switching to the other leg.

Ball exercise: lay on your back, feet resting almost at the top of the ball, legs bent, thrust your butt high in the air. Hold your core tight and hold for 3 seconds before lowering. When you are at the top, squeeze your bum, thighs, etc. If you need to rest your hands at your side for balance but as you grow stronger, move your arms so that they aren't touching anything. That way you use your core to stabilize you, not your arms. I put mine overhead. PS this move is hot. All the boys will love watching you do it. HAHA. Do it right after the donkey kicks and that hottie you've been eye-balling will be putty. LOL I kid I kid.

For the step ups. I hold the weights in each hand, step up with one leg and thrust the other knee up as far as I can then down. Alternate legs. This one is REALLY good for the quads and bum!!!

Get out there and sweat it out! Then eat awesome. :)

Eat clean, train mean, get lean!

Peace

xoxo

It was day 2 of 30 burpees a day till the Spartan Race! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment