Thursday, March 15, 2012

Restaurant Review: R.tl Regional Tasting Lounge

Last Saturday I was given 2 tickets to the home opener of the White Caps. I thought this would be a good opportunity to have a little father/daughter date! I've never been to a soccer game before and haven't checked out the new BC Place roof, so I was pretty excited. I thought it was pretty impressive. And being inside there with the field was pretty cool. I've only really been in there for concerts and after the Sun Run and such.

Cool!

Dad and I
After the game, which we won FYI, we headed over to R.tl, the Regional Tasting Lounge in Yaletown. I have been here once before back when I was a meat-eater. But never as a vegan. My dad bought me one of those Living Social coupons that got us dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine! Bam! He checked out the menu to make sure there was a veggie option, but I called ahead to make sure they could do it vegan for me. Of course they would! In fact, I've got to say, this was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. Fine dining, I mean.

Firstly, I forgot the coupon! Typical Krystle. Lol BUT they were amazing and let us call in with it later. They took our credit card number just in case, but I phoned as soon as I got home. Super accommodating, thoughtful, and just plain nice. Seriously impressed right off the bat. Next, they had a plan for my meal already. Which was really awesome! I felt special but not in that I'm the annoying diner with too many special requests kinda way.

Kale salad with slivered almonds

This salad was amazing! Kale? Um yes please! Kale, orange peppers, slivered almonds with a citrus dressing.

Tomato and Burrata Salad

I didn't try this, only a tomato but it looked lovely and my Dad really enjoyed it. I think that was goat cheese or feta. Can't remember.

Mushroom and Truffle Risotto
You had me at truffle. Omg. I am in love with truffle oil. This risotto was done in a mushroom broth and was simply divine. I could barely talk. I just wanted to enjoy every second of it. The flavours in this dish were just amazing. To make it vegan, they just didn't use the Parmesan cheese.

Green beans and mushrooms
I got the green beans, Dad got the mushrooms and so that we could share, they did the mushrooms in olive oil instead of butter. So thoughtful! I cut my beans up and threw them and some mushrooms into my risotto. YUM!


We got a nice bottle of red wine to go with it. It was a Malbec. Yum. Nice, full bodied but not too over powering. Delish!

So if you're in need of a fancier meal, check out this place! R.TL is awesome! Super knowledgeable and friendly people. If you're vegan like I am, then call ahead or ask for what I had! Remember that their menu changes, they feature world cuisine but check out the website. The link is at the top of the page. This place gets a big high five from this vegan!


R.TL on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment