Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Restaurant Review: 3G Vegetarian Restaurant

Last night I had a little birthday celebration with my aunt and uncle. I have created a little list of things I would like to do now that I'm having a milestone bday. Sigh. I'm cool with not being in my 20's anymore but it just makes you think about your life a lot. I've got so much that I want to achieve and do, but hey, 30 is the new 20 right? That's what everyone keeps telling me anyways.

So in regards to my birthday celebration last night and the list I created. Its got a few big ticket items on it, some fun silly ones, some naughty ones and some baddass ones. Like last night for example, I went to the shooting range! SO cool! Most friends I talked to were in these categories: LOVED it, REALLY wants to do it, or didn't like it at all. Actually the majority of my friends who haven't done it want to so bad. I HIGHLY recommend it. SUPER fun! My heart was pounding the entire time. It was SUCH an adrenaline rush. I got a little lesson from the gun marshal guy. He was great! Taught me a bit on gun safety and how to actually aim it.

I figured that I wouldn't even be able to get close to the bulls eye. That I would be waaaay off. Which I was at first, until he showed me how to line up the sights. Then it was on! I was actually not bad at all. I almost hit the bulls eye. Fo serious. Check it out:


Lookit me! I can't believe I shot a gun. Before this I'd never seen a gun let alone hold one. It was pretty scary. Those things are crazy powerful. I guess that's where the adrenaline rush comes from. If you're not a little nervous before shooting one of these then I think you got issues. And maybe you should just never have guns. LOL I shot a 22 handgun. I was going to shoot a 9M too but my uncle was a little greedy and shot off like 9 rounds (90 bullets)!!! Jeez. I did 5 rounds. Got to load a mag myself, pop it in the gun, all that ish. I can't wait to go again!

So there's one thing off the list! :)

After the shooting range we headed out for dinner. We originally planned to go to Wild Rice but We were running pretty late so we stopped in at 3G Vegetarian Restaurant on Cambie instead. I've only been once but I enjoy it a lot. Its non greasy Vegetarian Chinese food. Here's what we had:

Chicken wings!!!
These chicken wings were so good! I love how they made them to look like little drumettes. Totally did it for me. And the dipping sauce was all sorts of deliciousness. Get some!

Edamame, no salt
I liked how they don't coat the edamame in salt. Love it in fact. There's no need for it. Much better on their own.

Veggies and pork slices
I'd have to say that this dish is my fave one. The pork in it is fantastic. Fake meat can be hit or miss, but this is a def hit. It was every ones fave. The flavour too is amazing. And I love cabbage! The sauce was a little salty sweet. Love that combo.

Thai style rice noodles with mixed veggies
This dish was light but flavourful. I liked the little bit of sweetness to the dish. But it wasn't overpowering at all. I quite enjoyed it.

Tofu and mixed veggies
This was not my fave dish. But it was good. I really liked the style of tofu they used. It was like Japanese Atstuage, like agedashi tofu style. It also had a weird mushroom called Gandoderma. I looked up this mushroom and apparently it has quite a lot of healing properties and is kinda special. It boosts your immune system, neutralizes toxins in your body, reduces free radicals (yah, anti aging!), and helps circulation. Wow! All that from a mushroom? Love it. It was a pretty different mushroom than the other I've tried but I liked it. Its not a meaty one like portobello but yummy.

My birthday cupcake!
My Aunt ventured down to Karmavore and picked me up a vegan, gluten free cupcake! Yum! I totally ate it before dinner. Cuz I'm an ADULT!!! I can eat my dessert when I want to! lol

So my birthday month has started early, which is A-OK in my books. I love spreading it out as long as I can. I'm greedy like that. Lots of drinks, dinners, movies, and attention! Gimme more! Ha. I got just under 1 more week in my 20's and I'm gonna savour it. And then its onto my 30's. It only gets better from here. :)

3G Vegetarian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Check out 3G Vegetarian Restaurant. Its good! It can be hard to find good Chinese food in Vancouver surprisingly. I hear they have good veggie dim sum too. PS its all VEGAN! Even when the menu says pork or chicken, its fake meat. I love it! I never have a full menu to choose from. :)

Peace

xoxo

K

1 comment:

  1. Vegetable Bistro hese chicken wings were so good! I really like how they designed them to look like little drumettes. Absolutely did it for me. And the losing gravy was a variety of deliciousness. Get some!This dish was gentle but flavourful. I liked the little bit of lovely flavor to the dish. But it wasn't aggravating at all. I quite knowledgeable it.Restaurants In Canada

    ReplyDelete