Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daily eats

I thought I would share a little bit of what I eat on a daily basis again. My birthday is coming up, I've got a lot of races to train for and I just like to be as healthy and fit as I can. We only have one life to live (LOL) so lets live it the best way possible!

I've been on a bit of a smoothie kick these days. I love smoothies. They are a great way to get a lot of nutrition is the most easily digestible way. The food is already ground up all tiny and smooth so that your body can digest it efficiently. It gives your digestive track a little bit of a break. We all know how important breaks are.

I started my day with this yummy smoothie. Its kinda my go to.

Mixed berries, banana, vega whole health optimizer berry flavour(or vega one or your choice of protein powder), 1 tsp spirulina powder, half a lemon and water.


To mix it up I'll add hemp seeds, chia seeds, carrots, spinach, kale, dulse flakes, fresh juice, almond milk or coconut milk. But this is my usual formula. Great for breakfast and also great after a workout. One of the best ways to recover after a workout. The fruit gives you immediate energy to your tired muscles and the protein and chlorophyll starts repairing and making your muscles strong.

Later for dinner I had this awesome combo of big salad, big smoothie.


The smoothie was the same as the morning but minus the spirulina and I added hemp seeds and dulse flakes. The salad was the BOMB!!! Omg. I had about 2 tbsp's of leftover homemade guacamole so I massaged it into some spinach and kale then topped that with dulse flakes, hemp seeds and sesame flavoured tempeh strips!!! WINNING!!! Seriously, I'm making this again today. Although all my guac is gone so I guess I'll have to make more. Poor me. Lol

If you know me at all you know I couldn't just eat that for dinner alone. I'm kinda a pig. Me loves me food. LOL so later I threw together a little quinoa sprouted bean dish. All I did was make a cup of quinoa and a cup of TruRoots Organic Sprouted Bean Trio with some veggie stock, garlic powder and chili powder then topped it with some hot sauce. Nice and simple. No measurements. Just freestyle.


It was light, nutritious and protein packed. Sprouted beans are awesome as they are extremely digestible and much faster to make. You don't need to do any presoaking. Yah! Ready in 15 minutes! :)

I also had a Simply Bar. lol Did you check out the review I did on them? Check it out here.

Eat clean, train mean, get lean!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment