Friday, March 9, 2012

Daily Eats

I went to Costco yesterday to pick up toilet paper and body wash. So I zipped over to T&T to grab a few Asian foods that I can't get anywhere else. I had none in mind, just love eating Asian food so I took a look. I found these cool Soy Sheet Twists. I've never seen them before. And am I glad I saw them! They are so fun and so good!

Here's what I picked up:


King Oyster Mushrooms, shredded seaweed (sea tangle), rice noodles, Shirataki style Konnyaku noodles and Soy sheet twists.

I immediately ran home to make something with my new food. I was also starving after a workout. I just tossed them together and came up with this:


So inside that delish bowl is soy sheet twists, broccoli, king oyster mushrooms, garlic, green onion and the sauce is chili flakes, soy sauce and garlic powder. I didn't use any oil. I used water. Although, sesame oil would have been awesome!

I'm not sure if you know this about me but I'm kinda a chip addict. Well a recovering chip addict. When I do fall off the wagon its usually pretty hard. Lol I'm always on the lookout for low cal, low fat, low crap chips or chip like snacks. Anything to give me that salty, crispy satisfaction that a good greasy chip does. Popchips and Cheecha puffs are my faves. But I am also a lover of chips and salsa. I was at choices the other night and saw these babies! Only 120 cals per serving, gluten free, organic, vegan, nut free....um the list goes on. AND they are delish!


They have other flavours too, but not all vegan. These went quite well with my salsa. YUM. ALSO, just an FYI to any Vancouverites out there, at Choices on Davie, the collard greens are 2 for $3!!! Crazy cheap! Its usually more than that for one. YAH.

This lead to my next little quicky meal I whipped up today.


This is the sauce. I put 2 tsp of tahini, 1 lemon, juiced, 1 tsp tamari, 1 tsp agave nectar, 1 jalapeno, 3 garlic cloves and a splash of water. Blend and YUM!

Then I tossed it with some steamed collard greens, kale, soy bean sprouts and hemp seeds. It was super yummy.


It was seriously yummy. I used 6 collard green leaves, 1/4-1/2 bunch kale and a couple handfuls of bean sprouts. I've been eating WAY too much soy lately. I'm not sure what's up with that. I usually don't. Its about 2 times a week typically. Maybe because I've found all these cool soy products. But I'm also thinking its cuz I haven't been eating a lot of beans and because I was off my VEGA whole health optimizer while on a cleanse. I'm back on VEGA and just prepped some dried adzuki and pinto beans to create something beany. Lol

There you have it, a look inside what I eat on the regular. The next few days will be packed full of kale, collard greens and sui choy. I've got a lot of it. Can't wait. EAT YOUR GREENS PPL!!

Peace

xoxo

K

2 comments:

  1. great post! I was looking for something else to do with kale. Have you tried the 'Terra' chips? They're yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a total chip addict too. I tried those yesterday and was like "holy crap!!" so friggin good!! I miss T&T in Van! I love getting the packs of steamed/dried chestnuts there - they make an awesome snack!

    ReplyDelete