Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Roasted veggie salad and 3 bean chili

Kevin and I watched Glee last night because Enrique was on. Love that man. He's so purdy. I never watch Glee anymore, its boring. I do love singing and dancing but its gotten so predictable. We stopped after season 2 I think but every once and a while, a guest star will pop on that I wanna see. Or they dedicate a show to you know, Britney. So I watch then. Lol.

I made a massive pot of chili in my crockpot. I never write chili recipes down because every time I make it different and its so easy to make chili. But here's a guestimate of what I put in there.

3 Bean Chili
Ingredients
4 cups mixed beans (navy, black, and pinto)
2 bottles of tomato sauce
1-2 cups water
3 tsp veggie stock (dry)
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 large onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 jalapeno's, diced
4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients into your crockpot (slow cooker) and cook on low for 10 hours. I do it while I'm working for the day. I also used dried beans so I soaked them overnight, rinsed, then soaked again during the day. I did this on a Saturday and used them on Monday for the chili.



I roasted some broccoli, carrots and yams in lemon, garlic powder, sea salt and Italian seasoning for 30 minutes. Threw them on top of a bed of spinach and drizzled some of my lemon-mustard dressing. I sprinkled hemp seeds on it all. If you don't recall, I don't roast my veggies in oil. I just use a lemon.

Lemon-Mustard Dressing
1 lemon, juiced
2-3 tbsp mustard (any kind)
Sriracha, to taste

Combine and drizzle on your salad, your veggies, whatevs!

This was a perfectly filling dinner with tons of fiber to keep things moving smoothly. Plus its gluten free, healthy and DELISH.

Peace

xoxo

K

2 comments:

  1. Roasted veggie salad looks good here. :) unfortunately you miss Roasted veggie Ingredients. Looking forward to its recipe. Thanks!

    garlic chili pepper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark!!! Its there just above the dressing. Not an exact recipe but what I do is chop a head of broccoli, a couple carrots, a couple small yams and pour a freshly squeezed lemon over them. Then a sprinkling of italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. I used an entire lemon for the yams and another one for the broccoli and carrots. I wrapped my yams up in tin foil so they would cook faster as I was hungry! lol

      Delete