Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Restaurant Review: Las Margaritas

I love Las Margaritas

Its that simple. I loved it when I was a meat eater and I love it as a vegan. I took my boys to a play on Granville Island called "Intimate Apparel" on Saturday for their xmas gift. It was really good but kind of a downer. The ending is pretty depressing but I still liked the play. It took place in the 20's or 30's and was about a 35 year old seamstress who is duped by a con artist who pretends to be in love with her. Sigh. A very real part of life I think. The other part of the gift was dinner on me so Las Marg's it is! Its my go-to Mexican restaurant in Vancouver. Its fantastic and never disappoints. 

The problem with this post is that I was SO hungry that I forgot to snap a pic of the massive veggie fajitas I got. We all got veggie fajitas actually, the boys just topped theirs with chicken. The veggies are WAY better int he veggie version than the meat version so if you are a meat eater but who like to eat their veggies, order the veggie fajitas and add your meat of choice. (first non-vegan tip on here. lol). Usually whoever I'm with reminds me to take pics, most ppl in my life are used to it by now but we all forgot. Not even an empty plate pic. I didn't remember until we left. Sigh. 

But I figured I still needed to talk about them as the place is awesome. You can check out their menu here

So unfortunately I have no pics for you today, but we all know what's in fajitas. I shall describe it no? Yes, I shall. There was broccoli, zucchini, onions, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, peppers and then served with lettuce, pico de gallo, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and flour tortillas. Because I don't do wheat anymore I subbed corn tortillas and I opted for no dairy. Duh. I was gonna have no tortillas at all just because I'm trying to eat as little processed foods as possible but I thought I'd just go a little crazy that night. LOLL I had 2. WOAH! Slow down Krystle. lol 

All in all, a pleasant experience. Check it out! Be prepared to wait, they are quite popular. There aren't many Vancouverites who don't love this place. 


Las Margaritas Mexican on Urbanspoon
Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment