Monday, February 6, 2012

Mexican fried quinoa with lentils

What a fun weekend!!! It was also super relaxing. I was slightly under the weather, I think I was only at 95% so I took it easy Friday night and just worked out then watched some of season 2 of Sons of Anarchy. Love that show. Its so baddass.

Saturday morning was glorious. I slept in and woke up to sunshine! I read a bit of my 'Wheat Belly' book then took off for a run. I ran 10km on Friday night so I opted for just an 8kmer. Was amazing!! So gorgeous. I stopped to take photos so many times. Here's a couple.

Coal Harbour

Seawall near Lionsgate Bridge

Seawall near Lionsgate Bridge

Isn't Vancouver so beautiful? Love it. It was rather chilly but totally worth it. Then I went to the gym to do my Tough Mudder workout and a bit more. I even got in a couple naps this weekend! That never happens. Lol Have you been to the Waldorf? I went for the first time on Saturday. I figured the whole time we'd just be making fun of hipsters but that didn't happen. We had SO much fun! Went out with some new friends, invited some others, good times! We were so lost in our own bubble that I forgot to make fun of the hipsters. Lol Damn. ;) Had the WORST hangover I've had in a while actually. Sigh. It made me miss my superbowl party. (sad face) and now I sound all raspy. Lol


Mexican Fried Quinoa with Lentils
1 can brown lentils
1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package
1 jalapeno
1 cup corn
1/4 red onion, chopped
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp garlic powder

Toppings:
daiya
salsa
hot sauce

Directions:
Pan fry the onion in a pan with 1/4 cup water until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients other than the quinoa and cook for 10 minutes. Add the quinoa and add any more seasoning if needed. Melt some daiya on top and put salsa and hot sauce and BAM!


Doesn't look pretty but it was good!

Great, gluten free, satisfying meal right there.

It has all the right components of a good meal. It was satisfying and healthy. Lots of protein plus lots of salsa and hot sauce for a kick.

Peace

xoxo

K

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful sight!!!!

    The food too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure live in a beautiful city! =)

    Thank you - this recipe looks awesome! I will make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do!!! That was a great day indeed. :)

      I hope you enjoy it! It was super yummy and quick.

      Delete