Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thai Coconut Curried Lentil Soup

A couple of friends jetted off to Thailand in December and since then have had a real craving for Thai food. I LOVE Thai food. I eat it pretty regularly. I am a confessed addict of coconut; coconut ice cream, coconut yogurt, coconut milk, coconut meat....ANYhoo, I popped a soup in the good ole crockpot and came up with this bad boy. 

Thai Coconut Curried Lentil Soup
2 cans brown lentils
1 onion, chopped
5 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili flakes
3 tsp Vegeta or any other dry veggie stock
7 cups water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp turmeric
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ginger powder
2 inch pieces dry or fresh galangal (use ginger if you can't find it)
1 handful dry lemongrass or one stalk fresh 
1 can coconut milk

Directions:
Put all ingredients except for the coconut milk into your crockpot and simmer on low all day. Add the coconut milk at the end, keep cooking for 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly. 

Serve on its own or on top of quinoa. Super good that way. This soup has a little kick to it. Adjust the chili flakes to your liking. I was totally fine with this, as was my gorgeous friend Jessica. 

I also roasted up a head of cauliflower and broccoli. Tossed it with fresh lemon juice, red onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and sea salt. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes.


Since I've busted up all my wine glasses and didn't get any for Christmas, we had to drink our wine outta regular glasses. Meh. I'm just classy like that. Lol. The meal was yummy, warming, nutritious and filling. Went great with a bottle of red, the bachelor and a good gf. We gossiped, judged, ate, drank, and were merry. Ha. I'm not sure about this season of the bachelor....I don't dig Ben. His hair is horrendous. And the chicks seem to be EXTRA crazy this season. Maybe the producers realized he was boring after they signed the deal so they picked insane in the membrane chickies to make up for it......maybe. 

Here's another look at what I eat daily. 


I have this every morning. I usually have 2 smoothies in the morning. Well I make one REALLY big one and add lots of water. I had leftover soup and collard wraps for lunch. I'm totally addicted to those wraps!!! I need to get more cuz I just finished the last of them before lunch. Somebody brought freshly baked carrot orange muffins in to the office and I got hungry. They weren't vegan so I couldn't eat them anyways, but I wanted the wheat so bad. I'm glad I didn't give in. One point for willpower! And my waistline! lol

Tonight I'm making dins for a couple of stud muffins. I'm thinking a chickpea spinach curry, brown rice and steamed gai lan. Not exactly Indian but I need a side of greens. You always needs a side of greens peeps.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment