Friday, January 27, 2012

Thai Chili

I love fusing different types of cuisines together and using ingredients you wouldn't think goes together, but totally does. I think that's what I've done here. I took my love affair with Thai food and Chili to the max by putting them together. It works. BELIEVE me! It was sooooo delish! I usually share my leftovers at work but this time I barely did. I only gave them a bite. I was a greedy little vegan. ha.

Thai Chili
Ingredients
1 can black beans
1 cup red lentils
4 cups water
1 lime, juiced
1 inch piece ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 large sweet potato, diced
1 lemongrass stalk
4 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp Vegeta (dry veggie stock)
1 can low fat coconut milk
2 tsp green curry

Directions:
1. Saute the onions, garlic, ginger and carrots in a pot with about 1/4 cup water. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until translucent. (or use oil if you like).
2. Add sweet potato, lentils, black beans, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients except for the coconut milk and lime juice. Cook for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Add coconut milk and lime juice. Season to taste.
4. Serve over brown rice or rice noodles. YUM!!!


 Total heaven right there. SOOOO YUMMY!!! And pretty healthy too. This recipe makes a HUGE amount. And the only "added" fat was the 7 grams in the coconut milk, and that's in the whole pot so that's almost nothing in each serving! yah.



Ok, so I bought a thing of purple kale and make this amazing salad last night!!! Its so pretty! So colourful and the dressing is the bomb!


Purple Kale Salad
Ingredients:
1 head purple kale, just leaves
1 royal gala apple, diced
1 carrot, shredded

Dressing:
1 large jalapeno
1 lemon, juiced
4 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Directions:
Put all dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Pour on top of salad fixin's and toss. Use your hands to massage the kale for about a minute. This will soften the leaves. If you have a cut, don't do it!!! The lemon and jalapeno will burn. lol

Prettiest salad? YUP

Such a gorgeous looking salad. And its seriously tasty. I made the whole head of kale and gobbled it all up. I had a lot of it last night and couldn't wait to finish it off for lunch today. Its all gone! lol ;)

SO happy its Friday!!! Got a good night out tonight with some friends. My girl Jess is going back to Germany soon so we have one last night out on the town. Going to have a kick ass dins at Foundation, play some bingo and then head out for some dancing. Then I have brunch, movies, appointments, tough mudder work out and trying Bikrams for the first time! Eeeek Imma scurred. :)

Have a good weekend y'all!

Peace

xoxo

K




No comments:

Post a Comment