Monday, January 30, 2012

Random weekend foodstuffs

This weekend was jammed packed full of stuff to do but I still had time to eat nutritiously of course. On Saturday I stopped by Whole Foods and picked up a little raw kale salad with Tahini dressing. It is seriously amazeballs!!! I could drink this dressing. In fact, I saved the leftover dressing and drizzled it on my other salad later that day. OMG I need to figure out how to make it!!! I got the green kombucha and had a half serving of VEGA Whole Health Optimizer berry flavour. YUM
Saturday lunch
 Later that evening my friend Nikki came over and we made a healthy vegan feast. She fully supports my detox thing I've got going on. We had steamed veggies, roasted broccoli, cauliflower rice, fritters, melon, orange, and I think that's it.....Super yummy!
Saturday Dinner
 This was WAY better than I thought. I got the recipe from DAMY health. You can check her out here. She's not vegan but super healthy and active. She's got lots of info but is mostly a site where you buy/subscribe to her weight loss programs. But some seriously good looking vegan, gluten free desserts. And she uses very good sugars like agave, maple syrup and stevia. 

The recipe was 1 head of cauliflower, 1/2 onion, sea salt. Process cauliflower in food processor. Fry the onion in 1/4 cup water until translucent. Add cauliflower and season to taste. Cook until heated thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Use as a rice substitute or add to soups, etc. YUMMMMMMMM. I obvs changed up the recipe. I used less onion than her official recipe and didn't use any oil. Her recipe is on her site. 
Cauliflower rice
 I've had these bars before but now have the pleasure of having an entire box. My aunt and uncle got them but didn't like them. BUT I do!!! Yah! I love how they only have 11 or less ingredients. All recognizable. Vegan, gluten free, kosher and are only 150 cals per bar. AND she uses brown rice syrup instead of crappy white sugar. There's only like 3 grams of sugar too versus like 20 in others. Max protein in as little calories as possible. YES PLEASE.
My new protein bar
 My new reads! Picked up these gems this weekend with my gift card from Nikki. She's such a dollface. She spilled a smidge of wine on a book and gave me a 25$ gc for chapters! YAH! Wheat Belly is great so far. I'll post about wheat later. Its crazy what I've learned in 35 pages.


 My dinner on Sunday night. Quinoa and leftover steamed veggies topped with hot sauce. Then I had a protein shake and some maca pills. 

There you have it folks!!! All sorts of food and such from my weekend. Maybe I should start posting on weekends.......nah, lol.

Watched Moneyball last night. Was pretty good. Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt were awesome. Jonah is super awkward and weird but so good. The ending was kinda anti-climatic but it was loosely based on a true story so what can they do. Still good though. I recommend seeing it. 

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment