Monday, December 5, 2011

Tornado Stir fry

I had my cousins this weekend because they had a dance conference downtown Vancouver this weekend. When I asked my cousin Jessie what she wanted for dinner she requested a veggie stir fry with tofu that I made last time. I love stir fry because its never the same. Its a "everything but the kitchen sink" kinda meal or "tornado" if you will. My friend over at I Heart Wellness calls her salads tornado salads cuz they have so many items in it and its whatever you have in your fridge. So that's what I will call this stir fry, a tornado stir fry. You just use what you got in your fridge in terms of veggies and the same goes for sauces. Mine never taste the same way twice.


Broccoli is always in it, pretty much every time. Then I put sui choy, kale, baby bok choy and carrots. Then I made my panko crusted tofu. The sauces I used were soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and hoisin sauce. Plus some garlic powder. I didn't do my usual spiciness as I was cooking for a couple of youngin's but I sure soaked mine in it.

I had it with quinoa instead of rice. So lots of protein and fiber obvs. But super yummy. 

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment