Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thai Stuffed Delicata Squash

It was my Dads birthday this weekend, so I made him dinner. We always talk food and recipes so it was high time I had him over for dinner. We usually go to Panz Veggie lately because we both love it so much. I was going to make my Thai Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms but I recently acquired a couple of Delicata squashes so I thought I'd use those instead. You can get the recipe here.  







I also steamed some kale and spinach and tossed it in my tahini dressing. I've really been loving that dressing lately. Its so easy to make and adds a real creaminess to my salads and steamed veggies. Its pretty much never that I have creamy sauces so its a nice change. And the majority of my sauces and dressings are soy sauce based (its the Japanese in me I guess) lol.  My Tahini Dressing is here.




Afterwards I went over to the new nut store on Denman. Its called Ayoub's Dried Fruits and Nuts and is really awesome!!! There are so many different kinds of nuts, seeds and dried fruits. Also some sweet baked goods, cookies, spices, I don't even know what else.

I wasn't sure on the pricing so I only grabbed a scoop of the spicy cashews and the raw mixed nuts. YUM! The 2 bags came to 7.56 I think, under 8 bucks. Not bad actually, pretty good considering its a specialty shop and the quality and variety is amazing. I love being able to get raw nuts and unsalted nuts. LOL I love nuts. Ha. There's so many jokes in here I don't even know where to being. HAHA






If you live in the hood, meaning the West End, then you should definitely saunter down to Ayoub's. Its worth it.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment