Friday, December 9, 2011

Super Avocado Dressing

I have been craving avocado lately but haven't had any ideas on what I would do with it other than eating it on salads or Mexican food, until last night that is. I made this delish dressing that can go on so many things: Drizzled on roasted veggies, salad, brown rice, anything Mexican, quinoa, beans, etc. Could be used as a dip if you add less water.

Super Avocado Dressing
Ingredients
1 avocado
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili flakes
3/4 cup water (more if you want it more liquidy)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp spirulina

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Add more seasoning if you want or more water, depending on the consistency you desire.

I used this super food dressing to make a super food quinoa salad. Super healthy. Super delish. Super creamy. Lol

Super food quinoa salad
2 cups dry quinoa, cooked according to package
1 cup dry TruRoots Organic Sprouted Bean trio (or any other quick beans, lentils or legumes), cook according to package
1/2 cucumber, chopped
4 tsp pine nuts
3 tsp pumpkin seeds
2 tsp hemp seeds

Directions:
1. Put the pine nuts and pumpkin seeds in a dry pan and toss in garlic powder and half a tsp of Bragg's or soy sauce. Toast until crispy, but don't burn.
2. Combine all ingredients and refrigerate.
3. Once chilled, stir in the avocado dressing. Taste and add any seasoning you may need. ENJOY!

Super food salad

Thai Curried Split Pea Soup
 This is the delicious soup that I made the other night. You can get the recipe here.  It was SO good! I love lemongrass. Seriously, it adds so much flavor I can't even handle it. LOL
Banana Chocolate Delight
I eat about 6 times a day, so I need a snack at night. I decided to smoothie it up and made this delish creation.

Banana Chocolate Delight
1 frozen banana
1 cup low fat almond milk
2 tsp natural peanut butter (no sugar or salt added, just nuts)
1 tsp hemp seeds
1/4 tsp stevia
1 tsp cocoa powder
handful of ice

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. I like mine cold so I added more than a handful of ice. Use what you prefer. It made more than I expected so I only had half. But boy was that baby ever satisfying.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment