Thursday, December 1, 2011

Steamed veggies and beans

Sometimes a simple meal is all I need. I had a bunch of green veggies in my fridge (duh) so I decided to steam them up and eat something light and simple. I had made a pot of TruRoots Organic Sprouted Bean Trio on Sunday so that I would have something easy to make in a pinch. Honestly, this meal probs took 5 minutes to make because of that. But they only take 15 minutes to cook anyways. 

The steamed veggies were asparagus, baby bok choy, and kale. Steamed then tossed with a fresh lemon and black and white sesame seeds. No oil obvs. And no salt. The lemon gives it enough flavour. Plus I sauced up the beans.

For the beans, I put 1/2 tsp of green curry paste, half cup of water and one scoop of my delicata hummus. Mixed that thoroughly until heated.

And hot sauce of course.

YUMMY!!!
Seriously healthy, satisfying and protein packed dinner. The sprouted beans are super easy to make and very versatile. They can be made into a salad, mixed with brown rice, eaten plain, sauced up, whatevs you like!

I also picked up my SECOND 9lb box of mandarin oranges. LOL Damn I love these oranges. I can eat them all day. 

Peace!

xoxo

K


No comments:

Post a Comment