Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Restaurant Review: The Wallflower Modern Diner

I did a lot of venturing out of downtown this weekend. I also check out The Wallflower again. I was surprised to see that they have revamped their menu. And for me, its for the better.  They added some more vegan breakfast items, one of which I was particularly stoked to try. It was a tough decision, let me tell you, but I chose the Vegan Breakfast Poutine!!! Yah, you read that right, I ordered the breakfast POUTINE. I'm extremely healthy but I like to eat junk too. LOL


It has big chunks of delish potatoes, vegan breakfast wieners, veggie gravy and daiya mozzarella. Yup. Then I topped it with Frank's Red Hot and a side of dry, multi grain toast. Mmmmmmm

I've only been to the Wallflower twice now, both for breaky. BUT this is my fave. Yah its totally unhealthy and not really a breakfast item, but I'm down. Its flavourful and really goes with the gluttony that is December.  Next time I'm going to try the vegan benny. Its been AGES since I've had a benny. Excuse me while I wipe drool from my chin.

My good pals, Dave and Natasha, came in from Victoria for the Watch the Throne concert, so of course we went to Shabusen for lunch. AYCE is such a mind game. You really try to prove them, it, I dunno who I'm trying to prove what to but I eat a lot. Too much. I didn't have dinner that evening actually. Not till 1am actually. LOL


So hard Dave. lol
There are better pics of us but I had to use that one cuz of Dave, LOL 

We had craptastic seats BUT it didn't matter. I just needed to be there. And I got to go with EXACTLY who I wanted to go with. Jay Z is Dave's fave and I'm pretty sure he's pretty high up there for Natasha. Jay Z and Kanye are pretty neck and neck for me, but Jay Z might win because he's adopted a "partial" vegan diet recently. LOL WTF does partial mean Jigga? Lol

Wallflower Modern Diner on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment