Friday, December 16, 2011

Restaurant Review: Mangia E Bevi

Last night was my Christmas party for work. We went to Mangia E Bevi, an Italian restaurant in West Vancouver.  I've never had a problem going to a non-vegan restaurant and asking them to prepare me a vegan meal. I've never gotten any attitude, they are always accommodating and its almost always amazing. This was no different. They were wonderful. 

My meal consisted of a mescalin greens salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing. It had no creativity at all and no vegetables in it. Just straight up lettuce and dressing. The dressing was phe-nom though, best balsamic one I've had, but they could have thrown in some cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers or anything really. I didn't take a picture of the salad, because well it was just lettuce. LOL

My next course was a pasta primavera with tons of fresh tomatoes, zucchini and a ton of veggies with a egg-free fresh spaghetti. It was so light tasting and wonderful. The flavour from the veggies was really highlighted in this dish as there was a heavy sauce to mask it.


My next course was a polenta dish made with grilled veggies such as zucchini, peppers and portobello mushrooms with some sort of tomato sauce and drizzled with truffle oil (at my request). I effin LOVE truffle oil. It pretty much brings me to my knees. I need to have this at home. Why don't I you ask? I have absolutely NO idea. Back in my meat eating days, I went to Italian Kitchen for lunch and there lunch spaghetti and meatballs didn't have truffle oil like the dinner option, so I asked for it. This got the server and I talking about our love for truffle oil and she mentioned that she drizzles it on her popcorn!!! HER POPCORN!!! omg, I MUST try this. Doesn't it sound amazing?

Seriously Yum
The dessert was my choice of sorbet. They actually had so many options I could barely make up my mind, nor remember as he was listing them out. I chose the lemon and papaya sorbet. YUMMMM, I usually never eat all the dessert but this I could have licked the bowl. Ha! But I didn't, I swear. 

Lemon and Papaya Sorbet

All in all, it was a great evening. We started off pretty early afternoon at a coworkers house for Champagne. And didn't get home till after 11pm. So getting to work for 8am was a little tough. Nobody has been very talkative today. LOL 

Me and my ladies. :)
The gift EVERYONE got
Well the men got booze. But all guests, staff and their dates got an XMAS gift. How thoughtful. I feel so special. ;) LOLLLL

Now I'm nourishing my body in preparation of the Prince concert tonight and my friend in town from Victoria. So I had a green smoothie for breaky, a lentil burger (no bun) and hangover fries for lunch. I made the lentil burger before, a Thrive recipe.  The next week is gonna be hectic. I'm busy every night till Christmas except Wednesday right now. But the X Factor Finale is that night. PLUS I have to buy/make/assemble Christmas presents. I have bought half so far, thank gawd for the Internet. 

If you haven't got your Christmas shopping done, then I'll probably see you out there this weekend. I don't know how I'm going to get it all done, I've got more friends coming to town Sunday. And pretty much both sat and sun are jammed packed. Eeeek. 

I must of slept funny because my neck and shoulder hurt so bad!!! I've never felt like this. It hurts to look left. Thankfully, a good girl scout always has Ibuprofen in her purse. Lol

Mangia E Bevi on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment