Thursday, December 22, 2011

Recipe Review: Ani Phyo; Kale, Avocado and Sprout Salad

I picked up one of Ani Phyo's books in the early summer. She is a Eco Sylist and Organic Food author based out of LA. She is a raw foodist. I really think there is something to a raw food diet. I think its extremely healthy, but I don't think I could do it 100%. But incorporating more raw food is not hard at all. I drink a green smoothie and have a big salad every day. Its a good start but there are definitely way cooler recipes for raw foods. I need to start making things from one of her books.

SOOO, that said, I looked on her website and found a recipe that she likes to make while she's traveling because its really easy to make, requires little ingredients or equipment. 

1/2 bunch kale, de-stem, and tear leaves into bite size pieces
1 avocado
1 lemon's juice
1 container sprouts, any kind

In a large mixing bowl, place kale and massage with avocado. Squeeze lemon juice, and massage.  Add sprouts and salt, if using. Massage and toss to mix well.
Ready to go.

Massage that kale Baby!
 The only change that I made to the dish was that I added a couple teaspoons of hemp seeds. This salad was super quick and easy to make with maximum flavour and satisfaction. The fat in the avocado did it I guess and lemon. Lemon is an amazing fruit. I use it in my smoothies, stir fries, soups and I drink it with hot water in the morning.

YUM

There's so much good stuff in this salad. Kale and sprouts have a great amount of protein in them. SO its a powerhouse salad. I'm actually going to make this again tonight. Can't wait.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment