Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One pot meal: Rice Cooker Pilaf

Sometimes simplicity is a luxury. I make a lot of food and sometimes the recipes can get pretty long and complicated so making something as easy as a one pot meal is glorious. I'm not in the habit of picking up take out on my way home when I'm too lazy. That's what a freezer full of soups and chili's is for. 

One pot meals are awesome, but a rice cooker meal is even better! This was my first one and it turned out DELICIOUS!! I didn't have much confidence that it would all work out but it was so damn tasty. It also needed no attention whatsoever. This was by far the easiest, healthy, tasty, homemade meal I've ever had.

Rice Cooker Pilaf
Ingredients
2 cups brown rice
4.5 cups water
1/2 lemon
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1 cup frozen green beans
1 can chickpeas (540 ml)
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Vegeta (or veggie stock powder)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp chili flakes

Directions:
Put all ingredients into your rice cooker. Cook until rice cooker turns off. Stir and enjoy!

Set it and Forget it!
I'm pretty sure it only took me 5 minutes to prepare it. Maybe not even. There was no chopping involved here at all. :)
YUMMMMMMMMMMY

It was seriously tasty. The only thing extra I did to it was soak it in hot sauce. The usge for me. lol

I'm really quite proud of this recipe. The ease of it has won me over. I'm a HUGE fan of the crockpot (slow cooker) but the rice cooker is coming up as a new fave. I gotta make more rice cooker recipes.

Peace

xoxo

K

2 comments:

  1. I love fix and (nearly) forget it meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was sooooo good. And I just used the veggies I had on hand. I think I might have it again tonight.

    ReplyDelete