Friday, December 23, 2011

Mushroom Madness

SO I finally got some Christmas spirit. I've had almost nil this year, and last. A women that I work with got some of us ladies a little Christmas present!!! SO thoughtful. It really was. She knows that I'm such a foodie, and a MAJAH lova of truffle oil.................so she got me a bottle of black truffle oil!!! Ahhh, you should have seen my face. OMG. So excited! I immediately changed up the game plan of what I was going to cook that night, and made it something I could drizzle this delectable oil on. If you haven't had it before, you MUST try it. Its da bomb!

I opted for a nice pilaf with roasted portobello mushrooms and a kale salad. Yummerly.

Brown Rice Pilaf
Ingredients
2 cups dry brown rice, cooked according to package
2 carrots
2 handfuls spinach
3 garlic cloves
1 small onion
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
pepper
1/2 cup water
1 tsp Vegeta (or dry Veggie stock)

Directions
1. Pulse the carrots, spinach and garlic in the food processor.
2. Use 2 tsp of grapeseed oil and wok fry the onions until translucent (about 5 minutes). 
3. Add veggies and cook for another 5 minutes, adding a 1/4 cup of water if they start to stick.
4. Add the rice and seasoning, including the vegeta. Cook until heated through. Season to taste if more is needed.



So yummy. I brushed a little grapeseed oil mixed with sea salt and garlic powder on the mushrooms after cleaning out the bottom and cutting the stem off. Then I roasted them in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes.

For the kale salad, I wanted to make the one by Ani Phyo again, the one I made here but No Frills didn't have any sprouts. FAIL. So I just didnt' use any. So basically the same, minus one ingredient. Still awesome though. It was all the same ingredients, just minus the sprouts.

I'm just about off to go get Laser Eye Surgery! Yah! SOOOOOOooooo excited! I'm not nervous at all. Maybe I will be once they jack my eyes open and point a laser, but so far I'm not. Thankfully they give you a relaxant to calm those nerves. You think I can take a couple for the road? I kid I kid....well. lol

Then its Christmas! Got lots of cooking to do and a lot more eating. And since I've had to wear my glasses all week, I've barely made it to the gym. I know I know, it sounds like just an excuse. But if you know me at all, I ALWAYS go to the gym. I go about 6 days a week, 5 on a bad week, so it must be pretty bad to make me not go. Running with glasses is just not comfortable at all. Bouncing around and sliding off my face. Grrrrr. I did make it there last night though, and I'm pretty sore. I will be back at it a couple days after the surgery. I can't wear eye make up for like a week. Jeez, thank god I'm pretty, lol. I'll wear some though, so don't fret. Ha. 

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hope everyone has a kick ass holiday. And that you eat yourself into a little food coma like me. Nothing better than stuffing yourself then topping it off with a bottle of wine. Yah, I said bottle. 

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment