Thursday, December 22, 2011

Italian Stallion Pasta Sauce

I made a big pot of pasta sauce recently, HUGE in fact. I don't eat pasta, like ever, but recently went to an Italian restaurant for my works Christmas party so I had a hankering. I didn't follow a recipe and I didn't write it down. BUT I remember it mostly.

Italian Stallion Pasta Sauce

8 tomatoes, half diced, half blended
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 large onion
2 garlic bulbs, roasted
3 small zucchini, diced small
4 celery, diced small
1 handful fresh basil
3 tsp dried basil
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1 small can tomato paste

Directions
1. I washed, chopped and blended 4 of the tomatoes with 4 ladles of water. I put the fresh basil in too.
2. Add everything except the blended tomatoes, spices and tomato paste to a big pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add a ladle of water if needed to prevent sticking.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 1 hour at a simmer.
4. Season with more spices if needed and serve with your favorite pasta.

I served mine with linguine which was on top of some steamed greens. I sauteed kale and pea shoot leaves with garlic, ginger, lemon and sea salt. YUM


A light and refreshing meal that is quite filling. Very Mediterranean tasting.

This recipe made boats loads of pasta sauce. Well boat loads for me because I live alone. So I froze it. Love that. My freezer is full of containers of soups, chili's, stews and such. Makes for easy lunches.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment