Thursday, December 29, 2011

Green Goodness

Even though we still have one more holiday to go doesn't mean we can't get our diets back to normal. I am back drinking green smoothies again. Thankfully. They make me feel so great and energetic. I think I put a good balance of greens and fruit. It looks funny to some people because of the colour but once they taste it, its over. They have fruit in them to make them all sweet and delish. But are chalked full of green veggie goodness. You'll get lots of iron, protein, calcium, folic acid and other vits like vit C and such. Its how I start my day, instead of with tea or coffee or a doughnut. Ick. (ps I do drink coffee and tea a couple times a week, or when I need/want it).

Last night was just me and I wanted to eat something light, healthy but delicious of course. I had some leftover pasta sauce, but there was no way I was making pasta. I opted to make the biggest wok of steamed greens I've ever made. Well maybe. I used pea shoot leaves, spinach, kale, broccoli, snap peas and sui choy. I think that's all of em.....
Yummerly
I tossed all these freshly chopped and washed greens into a HUGE wok with no water, just whatever they have in them and from washing. Covered and steamed for about 5-10 minutes, tossing when I remembered. When done, I tossed in some freshly squeezed lemon juice, gomashio, and a dash of soy sauce. 
Ready for me to devour

Plain quinoa, pan fried tofu and homemade veggie pasta sauce
Just plain quinoa, no flavourings, homemade pasta sauce which you can find here and pan fried tofu. Nuttin fancy. BUT I made it fancy by drizzling BLACK TRUFFLE OIL on top! Yah I did!

Christmas morning tofu scramble
Tofu scramble I made for the fam on xmas morning. Zucchini, mushroom, onion, garlic, turmeric, Italian seasoning, splash of soy sauce and salt and pepper. Sided with real potato hashbrowns and a Mack's Flax piece of toast. 

The feast that my uncle and I prepared vegan and non
Look at all that food. We seriously could not eat it all. Lol

Tonight I'm making Kevin a Christmas dinner because he didn't get one. Poor guy. :( and I invited a couple other lovely friends over too! And Christmas continues! Lol Tofurkey for everyone!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment