Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Hang Over

Well, Christmas has come and gone. We're all a little heavier and have a few more trinkets than we did a couple days ago. Hopefully every one's Christmas was relaxing and full of food. Mine was, but also not without some drama. There always is in my family. But I didn't let that stop me from enjoying my time.

Christmas Eve I spent at my Aunt and Uncle's place in Coquitlam. I went over early to help my uncle cook as my aunt was working. We had a fun time cooking away together. I made my vegan food, he made the rest. I made a Tofurkey, mashed potato and turnips, stuffing, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots in maple syrup, and the usual suspects like gravy and corn. 

My Stuffing recipe:

1 pkg squirrely or mack's flax bread, cubed
Veggie stock, about 2 cups
1 cup dried cranberries
4 celery stalks, diced small
3 tsp sage
4 tbsp thyme
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1 tsp Earth Balance

Directions:
Saute the onions, celery and garlic with a tsp of Earth Balance until fragrant and translucent.  Add the bread and enough veggie stock to coat and we the bread. Add the spices and continue to fold for 5 minutes. Add more veggie stock if needed. Cook for another 5 minutes. Put stuffing into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or serve immediately if you can't wait. 

December 25th - Grannie's

December 25th - Grannies

December 25th - Grannie's
I forgot the pics of my December 24th dinner, that table was crazy! SO much food. Wow. I basically made the same food for both, except that on the 24th, there was double of everything. They don't really understand my whole veganism thing as well as my dad's side does. Which is weird for me since I'm so close to them.  They don't realize that if I made mashed potatoes with my vegan margarine and almond milk that they wouldn't be able to tell. Its not really a big deal for me, as I cook anyways but maybe next year I can show them that if I made all the sides vegan, they wouldn't even notice. 

At my Grannie's I cook everything except for the turkey, and the turkey gravy of course. I added a couple twists this year by doing the carrots and brussel sprouts together and tossing in some almonds. I also roasted an acorn squash and sprinkled some cinnamon on it. We were supposed to have some extra guests but they bailed on us. Not happy about it at all. We bought all the food, I cooked all day and they didn't show up. Oh well, life goes on. I didn't let that ruin my day. 
We have these every year. And we wear the crowns.

My vegan plate!
My aunt bought my cousin Josh and his gf a onsie. Remember those things? The jumpers with the boots attached? lol We were all so jealous I think everyone wants to get one now. 

Ho Ho Homies

I'm wearing sunglasses because I had laser eye surgery on Friday! BAM! Best thing I've done. SO awesome. Its kinda surreal though. The day of the surgery was brutally uncomfortable. Not painful. But your eyes are watery something mad. So I slept. When I woke up it was much better and not too light sensitive. My friend Jimmy came by to keep me company for a bit and bring me a present!!! A portable hard drive with 120 gbs of music!! Woah! I'm gonna be busy for a while. Lol plus some nice soaps. The cucumber one is delish. lol

When I woke up the next morning I reached for my glasses as I've done for like 17 years of my life before I realized that I could SEE!!!! Its just amazing. Its like magic. They are a little dry and at times slightly blurry, but it goes away and in comparison to my eye sight before, this is nothing. There are some red marks on my eye balls, that my mom says makes me look like I'm into.......well asphyxiation. lol Which I'm not. Haha. But now I know for sure where my twisted mind came from. HAHA ;)

Hope ya'll had a great holiday. Its back to work for me but its good to get back into a routine. Gotta stop the eating. NO more eating. Ever. LOL

On to New Years!

Peace

xoxo

K




No comments:

Post a Comment