Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One pot meals: Quinoa chickpea Vindaloo

I get lazy like anyone else and don't want to cook. Sometimes so lazy I don't want to order in or leave the apartment. SO in order not to starve I cook up a one pot meal to at least feed and nourish myself and use the least amount of dishes. Lol

I always keep some curry pastes or other cheats like that around for when I'm not feeling making sauces from scratch. I have this Vindaloo Paste from Patak's sitting in my fridge so I thought I'd utilize it for a tasty meal.

One pot quinoa chickpea vindaloo

Ingredients:
1 cup dry quinoa
1/2 can chickpeas
1 stalk kale, leaves removed
1 handful spinach, ripped
2 cups water
1 tsp vindaloo paste
1/2 lemon
hot sauce

Directions:
Put all ingredients except hot sauce and vindaloo paste into a pot and cook for 20 minutes. Ensure that quinoa is cooked, once cooked add the lemon, paste and hot sauce (to taste). Add 1/4 cup water if you want it saucier (which I did). Enjoy!


You could do so much more with this meal, but I just wasn't in the mood. Sometimes quick and easy is the way to go. Haha, that sounded.......funny. ;)

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment