Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Delicata Hummus

My obsession with Delicata Squash has continued but now I'm officially out of it. I didn't see any at Safeway in my hood last time I was there so I may be out of luck. I hope not. I will find it. lol

I suggested this dip to a coworker on our delicata squash potluck and she made it. It was amazing. I'm not sure how she did it, but I assume she roasted the squash and mixed it with store bought hummus. Well folks, that's not how I roll. I made it all from scratch of course and with no oil, and very minimal salt.

Delicata Hummus
Ingredients:
1 delicata squash, roasted
3 garlic cloves, roasted
1 can chickpeas (540ml)
2 tbsp tahini (heaping)
1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp paprika
pepper
water

Directions:
1. Once the squash has cooled off enough, scrape out the insides.
2. Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon, sea salt, paprika, pepper and about a 1/4 cup water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I like my hummus very smooth, not chunky so do it to your preference. Add more water and mix it around if needed.
3. Add the squash to the mixture and blend until smooth. Taste and add more spices to your preference.


This dip is really good with fresh veggies. I used sliced cucumber, zucchini, celery and Belgium endive. I'm sure it would be good instead of mayo on a sandwich or with tortilla chips or crackers. YUM!

Bring it to a holiday party and lemme know how it goes. I brought it to a party on Saturday and got positive feedback! loves.

Peace

xoxo

K

1 comment: