Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Day Health Challenge: Day 17


I'm still alive!! I've made it through 2.5 days eating nothing but raw foods. And not just any raw foods like nuts and seeds, but JUST fruits and veggies. Tonight I shall have some nuts or seeds. I must. I must. I need.....

My dins last night. Plus 4 mandarin oranges. I actually didn't finish the green smoothie. I was not interested. I'd already had like 4. The smoothie contained: half a banana, apple, veggie pulp (kale, carrots and cucumber), a fresh lime, 1 tsp spirulina and lots of water. I'm not into eating my smoothies, I like to drink them, so I add water until its drinkable. 

I felt REALLY good yesterday and had so much energy. My mood was crazy good too. I feel like when I first went vegan. SO when I'm done with this whole cleanse thing, I'm def going to incorporate A LOT more raw foods into my diet. I feel so light and energetic. It must be right if it feels good, right? LOL Right. 

I'm REALLY excited to go to Organic Lives. Its a raw vegan restaurant. Which means they don't cook anything over 118 degrees and there's no wheat, dairy, meat, or any other animal product, obvs. I've been there twice before and have looked at the menu about 6 times in the last 2 days trying to figure out what I want. Mostly because I'm stoked to eat something other than salad and smoothies. LOL I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Pad Thai and hopefully Steve will want to share the Tapas Platter cuz it sounds Phe-Nom. 

So after today, I'm going to start eating 1 hot meal a day for the remaining 4 days of the cleanse. Then its done! Monday is the last day. Woot woot! I don't think it should be so difficult. I have some meals planned that are out, but I can just use those as my hot meal and make my smoothies and salads for the other times.

After I'm done, I might try to continue on with this whole green smoothie/salad thing. Have the smoothie for breaky and salad for lunch. But add things like nuts/beans/tofu to it to bulk it up and add protein and fat. I find when I don't eat enough fat that I'm SOOOO cold. Like crazy cold. 

I wanna make my meals a bit more simple. Cut back on salt. I don't use much at all, but being Japanese and all I use a lot of soy sauce. I've been checking out this guy on Facebook these days, and he has this album called "My simple recipes". Very easy, simple and nutritious meals. I should give one a try.....



Now doesn't that look good?
2 bean Mexican Delight

- 2 Large Bags Success Instant Rice
- 1 Can Eden Foods Pinto Beans
- 1 Can Eden Foods Black Beans
- 2 lb Bag Frozen Peppers and Onions
(I just found a great version of this as BJ's)
- 1 lb Bag Mixed Veggies (corn, peas, carrots, string beans)
- Salsa (Home made)

Instead of using the "boil in the bag" method today, I opened the bags of rice and put them in a pot with water. Brought to a boil and cooked for 10 minutes. I rinsed the beans and added them to the rice after about 5 minutes. While this was cooking, I steamed the veggies in another pot. When the rice was done, so was the veggies. I drained any extra water from both and then I served it up as above.

(I had two bowls!!) :)


I would not use instant rice, NEVER. Blasphemy. But I'm gonna eat the shit outta my first hot meal. LOL

Have a loverly day folks

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment