Monday, October 31, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 31: Happy Halloween!


So MoFO's its the last day of Vegan MoFo. Although my posts won't be labelled it don't mean I'm quitting! It was Halloween this weekend, obviously. So there wasn't a whole lot of cooking. And my Internet is STILL down at home, grrrrrrrrrr. Ask me how happy that makes? I dare you. Lol

On Friday, I had my good pal Jimmy over for dinner and a scary movie night. I didn't do anything fancy but I made a stirfry with panko tofu.


It was delish! I made the panko tofu before. You can find it here. For the stirfry I did this:

1 head broccoli
3 stalks kale, leaves removed
3 pieces green swiss chard
1 bunch spinach, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
soy sauce
Thai sweet soy sauce
Garlic chili sauce

I just put all the veggies in a wok, steam with a little bit of water, like less than a 1/4 cup. Once cooked, added the sauces to my taste and voila! Serve over top brown rice, sprinkle a handful of panko tofu and you've got a tasty meal right there. The tofu is baked FYI so no guilt!

On Saturday I dressed up in the BEST costume I've ever made. I seriously loved it. I was famous. Everywhere I went people were shouting "Srirachaaaaaaaaaaa" and just loving it. Especially the Asians. Lol we have that sauce in our blood, that and soy sauce. lol (ps I'm half Japanese, not racist) One guy called me Tabasco, which I promptly corrected him. But same family I guess. I was in so many random photos. Got so many compliments and jokes and was squeezed multiple times. LOL


Sriracha

SRIRACHA HOT CHILI SAUCE!


1920s Paper Boy and Sriracha


Well, its quite boring to be in my regular clothes now. But the carbs I ate yesterday sure were amazing. Had a fam thing so I ate the ish outta that sushi. Mmmmm rice. How I've missed you. But now to get back on track. I'm gonna wash that white paint off the dress and wear it in Vegas for my friends stagette! FUN!

Peace out MoFo's!

xoxo

K

4 comments:

  1. You have such a beautifully creative mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God I'm trying to figure out where to get a Sriracha costume for Halloween and I came across your blog! :) Where did you get it?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it Melissa!!! I bought the dress from American Apparell and then got a white washable paint and painfully painted it on. LOL

      Delete