Friday, October 21, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 21: Tight dress approved Salad


Halloween is coming up and I'm wearing a very tight dress. SO tight in fact that I decided salad for dinner would be appropriate. Lol. I also have a tight dress for a wedding in VEGAS in November too. I actually expected to have some of the roasted butternut squash and broccoli I was making also but the salad was so HUGE and filling. When its just me and I've cooked a ton of dishes already in the week, something light and easy is nice.

Tight Dress Approved Salad:
Ingredients

Romaine lettuce
Celery
Carrots
Cucumber
Strawberries
Belgium Endive
Sunflower seeds
Hemp Seeds

Dressing:

1/2 lemon
1 tbsp soy sauce
Splash of Sesame oil
Splash of VEGA EFA oil
1 tbsp mirin

Directions:
1. Wash and chop all ingredients however you like your veggies to be chopped.
2. Toss all ingredients into a bowl
3. Mix dressing and pour over salad.


Mmmmm doesn't that look good?! I used part of the other giant carrot I bought. So tasty. I actually filled up on that. The only other thing I ate later was the roasted broccoli and another handful of sunflower seeds and raisins. Salad is usually never a meal for me. Maybe it was the giant, meaty carrot......

I'm going to make a curry out of the butternut squash I roasted last night. Love that cuz now that saves time on my next meal. 

Sucks that the rain has come to Vancouver. It has been a nice October, now for 5 months of rain. Yah! lol

Happy Friday MoFo's!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment