Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 15: Leeky Quinoa Part 2


Me and Quinoa have been MAJAH best friends these days. I've been eating it a lot. I love it. Its light but filling, nutritious but delicious. LOL. Seriously. I am not well versed on cooking with Leeks but they intrigue me very much so. I made a dish before which I called Leeky Quinoa. I made pretty much the same dish last night with a few changes.

Leeky Quinoa Part 2:

1 cup uncooked quinoa
3 Sundried tomatoes, soaked and chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
5 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
2 kale stalks, leaves removed
1 tsp vegeta
1/4 cup water
1 tsp olive oil
pepper
1/2 lemon
2 tsp capers
1 handful sunflower seeds

Directions:

1. The sundried tomatoes should be soaked in warm water for 15-20 minutes before chopped.
2. Cook quinoa according to package.
3. Saute garlic and onion until lightly browned.
4. Add leeks, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, capers and lemon. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add vegeta, water and cooked quinoa. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add sunflower seeds and pepper. Then ENJOY!


I ate it all. No joke. There are no leftovers, it was so damn yummy.

This morning I started the day off right with a 10km run around Stanley Park followed by a delish smoothie. On the weekends I make my own veggie juice. This time it was celery, cucumber and carrot. Then I blended it with 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 small banana, 1/4 serving VEGA whole health optimizer - berry flavor, 2 tsp chia seeds, 1/2 cup quick oats, 2 heaping tsp peanut butter, 1/2 and tsp agave nectar. SO good. and SO filling. It made 2 servings. And I am full! Just the energy and nutrients I need to shop for my Halloween costume.

That will keep me going for a while. Chia seeds are extremely filling. They take on so much liquid so they expand in your stomach keeping you full a lot longer. Plus they are chalked full of protein, iron and other great stuff.

Have a great day MoFo'ers!!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment