Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 13: Pumpkin Soup


I had a bunch of pumpkin left over from making those awesome pumpkin squares the other day so I decided I'd make a pumpkin soup. I had no idea what I was gonna do, but curry flavors sounded right to me.

Curried Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients:
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 2 cups water
- 5-8 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- pepper

Directions:

1. Soak split peas over night or during the day.
2. Add all ingredients except for the curry leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add curry leaves and cook another 10 minutes.
4. Remove curry leaves and blend until smooth.

Note: I use a hand mixer but a blender would work just the same. Just be careful because the soup is hot.

 YUM!! This soup was pretty delish. It was full of great fall flavors and really warms you up. I've never cooked pumpkin before. Both recipes turned out awesome! And I got to roast pumpkin seeds too! I haven't done that since I was a kid. FUN.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment