Saturday, September 3, 2011

Great nights don't always mean great mornings.....

So here I am in Victoria for the weekend. We went to Mint downtown, which is awesome by the way. I'm pretty sure we eat there every time I'm in town. They have quite a few things for a vegan gal like me to eat. They have a delish spicy Thai noodle soup, ginger cilantro sticky rice with a peanut sauce that is to die for. It comes with the best tofu I've had and bok choy. YUM! They have great drinks , even though I only drink vodka soda, and really awesome music. There's a DJ on site. Its bumping in there!

Today I'm a little foggy but nothing compared my friend Natasha. I'm pretty sure she's dying. Lol I guess that's what happens when you drink vodka martini's dirty.....extra dirty. Just how she likes it. HA. Hopefully she feels better soon. I'd really like to go out and enjoy the day. Its sunny and gorgeous out there.

I met up for coffee with my friend Vu this morning. Good to catch up on his life. We stopped by Lifestyles Market so I could grab a snack and some Kombucha tea to get back to normal. I LOVE this stuff. And I tried a new flavour which is with chlorella and spirulina. So delish and so nourishing. I paired this with a vegan roll and some chopped cucumber with the most amazing miso dressing in the world. Yup. You read that right. A friend of Dave and Natasha makes this dressing. She really needs to start selling it for real, its heaven in a bottle.
Seriously delish. Sriracha is the finishing touch. I put the ish on everything! I think that's going to be my Halloween costume this year, a bottle of Sriracha hot sauce. lol I'd be HOT! ha

Has anyone used the HP touch pad thing? Well I did. I wrote half this entry with it. Let me say its not very great. I don't have an ipad so I can't really compare but I have used one before and the ipad is clearly better. Not that there was any reason to think HP one is superior but I thought I'd share this info.

I'd really like to go check out Cafe Bliss and The Joint. Cafe Bliss is a raw foods cafe, mostly vegan I believe. I tried to get a smoothie last time I was in Vic but they don't do take out cups. They are doing their part for the environment, which is awesome. They have a mug deposit program. You pay an extra 1.50 and get a mason jar, when you return the mason jar you get your 1.50 back. I didn't partake because I don't live here. I don't want to travel with a mason jar. lol

The Joint sounds pretty amazing. It has vegan, gluten free and regular pizza. They make their own "cheese"!!! Vegan pizza is delish. You gotta try it. In Vancouver you can get them at Vegan Pizza House on Kingsway. They don't have a website that I know of but they have a facebook group. The delivery time blows but once you take a bite, you forget you had to wait eons to get it. WOW! say that backwards.....WOW! Its gooooood.
How good does that look? Right?

Well, I'm off. Have a great day y'all!

Peace!

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment