Sunday, August 28, 2011

It feels so good!

Today was a great day! I ended up bailing on hiking the Chief this morning as I had a few too many drinks last evening......honestly, started at my fam bbq. lol I got to sleep in without awaking to the alarm clock for the 2ND day in a row! Unheard of!

I went on a gorgeous, hot 10km run around the park. Then did about 40 minutes at the gym. Felt so good! Got a smoothie and headed home to shower and get ready for the day. I'd initially thought I'd be a good girl and clean my messy apartment and other chores around the apt but it was SO nice out. So I skipped that and went to the beach! Spent a good 3.5 hours roasting out at English Bay.

Sundays I always like to go grocery shopping and prep food for the week. I usually cook many dishes. This week I made a tofu salad, steamed broccoli and kale in garlic sauce, and put a soup in the crock pot. I'll let you know how the soup turns out tomorrow, cuz I don't know if its good yet. lol

This recipe came from a friend at work. He didn't have any measurements and I don't use white sugar or table salt, so of course I modified it.

Tofu Salad

1 package bean curd
3 stalks celery, sliced thinly
2 green onion, chopped
3 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon sea salt

1. Soak tofu in cold water for 2-3 hours
2. Drain the water and chop the tofu into 2 ince pieces
3. Boil the tofu and sliced celery for 2 minutes
4. Drain and toss in salt, sesame oil, agave nectar and green onions and refrigerate
5. Serve once chilled and Enjoy!

Here is a picture of the tofu. I picked it up at T&T Supermarket.


Next up is the Garlic Broccoli and Kale:

2 heads broccoli, chopped
2 stalks kale, stalks removed
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup vegetable stock
1 teaspoon corn starch

Steam broccoli and kale in pan covered with a lid for 2 minutes.  Add the cup of vegetable stalk, minced garlic, garlic powder and chili flakes and cook covered for another 2 minutes. Mix cornstarch and cold water and add to the broccoli mixture to thicken the sauce. Once thickened, serve with brown rice.

And that was my dinner! Delish.

I am a huge Big Brother fan. I was very, very sad to see Jeff voted out. He's so dreamy. lol. More twists were added which makes it exciting as usual.

PS: the new David Guetta album is awesome! Great running music and if you just wanna have a dance party. :)

I'm outties. Hope everyone had as great a day as me.

xoxo

K

1 comment:

  1. Darling, get a "follow me by email" link on your blog...so I can get updates on my phone. :D
    You can find that in edit settings. (Add a gadget!)

    ReplyDelete